Ebola Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in ebola. Ebola (Ebola hemorrhagic fever), is a severe, often fatal disease in humans and nonhuman primates such as monkeys, gorillas, and chimpanzees. Ebola is a rare and deadly disease caused by infection with a virus of the family Filoviridae, genus Ebolavirus. There are five identified Ebolavirus species, four of which have caused disease in humans. Ebola is found in several African countries. The first Ebola species was discovered in 1976 near the Ebola River in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Since then, outbreaks have appeared sporadically in Africa. When an infection does occur in humans, the virus can be spread to others through direct contact with the blood or body fluids of a person who is sick with Ebola, or through contact with objects that have been contaminated with the blood or body fluids of an infected person. Currently there are no specific vaccines or medicines that have been proven to be effective against Ebola.
The objectives of Ebola Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for ebola and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to ebola.
- Preventing the Next Ebola
Tue, 20 Mar 2018 18:43 GMT
- Sierra Leone: Ebola survivors 'not getting help' they need
Sun, 18 Mar 2018 10:54 GMT
- Less Than One-Third Of Pledged Ebola Recovery Funds Have Been Disbursed, Tracking System Shows
Thu, 22 Mar 2018 17:05 GMT
- Ebola Funds Pledged for Recovery Are Slow to Come
Tue, 20 Mar 2018 12:00 GMT
- Landrieu: America Should Treat Gun Violence 'Like Ebola'
Thu, 22 Mar 2018 15:18 GMT
- Widow of Ebola Victim, Mother of Five Cries For Assistance
Sun, 18 Mar 2018 23:19 GMT
- New way to potentially fight Ebola
Tue, 6 Mar 2018 19:17 GMT
- In tussle over 'right to try,' court presses FDA to shed light on Ebola drug decisions
Mon, 5 Mar 2018 09:40 GMT
- Would you pay for an Ebola vaccine? Most say yes.
Mon, 12 Mar 2018 18:52 GMT
- Mutating Ebola's key protein may stop replication
Mon, 12 Mar 2018 20:22 GMT
- How Fast Can An Outbreak Be Detected?
Fri, 23 Mar 2018 21:28 GMT
- Why Lassa, an Ebola-like fever, has exploded in Nigeria
Fri, 9 Mar 2018 14:50 GMT
- Liberia: Ebola Survivors Cry for Better Health-Care
Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:18 GMT
- BC rabbits dying from lethal virus that kills in less time than Ebola hits some humans
Wed, 21 Mar 2018 23:41 GMT
- Jordanian TV host claims Israel sent Bubonic plague-infected rats to Egypt
Fri, 23 Mar 2018 18:03 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Ebola update (30): news, research, non-governmental organization, vaccines
Ebola -- Worldwide/Unknown