Ebola Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in ebola. Ebola (Ebola hemorrhagic fever), is a severe, often fatal disease in humans and nonhuman primates such as monkeys, gorillas, and chimpanzees. Ebola is a rare and deadly disease caused by infection with a virus of the family Filoviridae, genus Ebolavirus. There are five identified Ebolavirus species, four of which have caused disease in humans. Ebola is found in several African countries. The first Ebola species was discovered in 1976 near the Ebola River in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Since then, outbreaks have appeared sporadically in Africa. The largest outbreak to date was the epidemic in West Africa, which occurred from December 2013, to January 2016, with 28,646 cases and 11,323 deaths. Other outbreaks in Africa began in the Democratic Republic of the Congo in May 2017 and 2018. In July 2019, the World Health Organization declared the Congo Ebola outbreak a world health emergency.
When an infection does occur in humans, the virus can be spread to others through direct contact with the blood or body fluids of a person who is sick with Ebola, or through contact with objects that have been contaminated with the blood or body fluids of an infected person. Until recent, no vaccines were effective. In December 2016, Ebola was found to be 70–100% prevented by rVSV-ZEBOV vaccine, making it the first proven vaccine against the disease. More than 100,000 people have been vaccinated against Ebola as of 2019.
The objectives of Ebola Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for ebola and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to ebola.
- FDA Approves First Treatment for Ebola Virus - FDA.gov
Wed, 14 Oct 2020 20:30 GMT
- First Drug To Treat Ebola Patients, From Regeneron, Approved By FDA : Goats and Soda - NPR
Tue, 20 Oct 2020 19:11 GMT
- First Ebola treatment approved by FDA - Chemical & Engineering News
Wed, 21 Oct 2020 22:20 GMT
- Ebola survivors face health issues long after recovery - Healio
Thu, 17 Sep 2020 07:00 GMT
- Targeting the shell of the Ebola virus: Research team looking at ways to destabilize virus, knock it out with antivirals - Science Daily
Tue, 20 Oct 2020 17:30 GMT
- Ebola Response Priorities in the Time of Covid-19 | NEJM - nejm.org
Thu, 24 Sep 2020 07:00 GMT
- New study of Ebola may hold answers for long-term COVID-19 immunity - The Jerusalem Post
Thu, 22 Oct 2020 10:53 GMT
- WHO appoints co-chairs of Independent Commission on sexual misconduct during the Ebola response in North Kivu and Ituri, the Democratic Republic of the Congo - World Health Organization
Thu, 15 Oct 2020 12:17 GMT
- US Approves First Treatment for Ebola Virus - VOA Learning English
Fri, 16 Oct 2020 21:58 GMT
- 'Killer' cells in Ebola immunity study could help Covid research - The Guardian
Mon, 19 Oct 2020 10:57 GMT
- First Ebola Treatment Approved: Expert Viewpoint - Forbes
Thu, 22 Oct 2020 16:42 GMT
- Operations Manager – Ebola Virus Disease Operation - ReliefWeb
Thu, 22 Oct 2020 13:40 GMT
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: Revised Emergency Appeal - Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) Outbreak Containment Strategy and Red Cross / Red Crescent Response Plan, n° MDRCD026, Revision 6 - Democratic Republic of the Congo - ReliefWeb
Wed, 07 Oct 2020 07:00 GMT
- Researchers use supercomputers to simulate the inner working of Ebola virus - News-Medical.Net
Wed, 21 Oct 2020 04:46 GMT
- No new Ebola cases reported in DR Congo's province: WHO - Anadolu Agency
Tue, 20 Oct 2020 14:15 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Ebola update (50): Congo DR, case update
Tue, 20 Oct 2020 21:00:28 -0400
Ebola -- DR Congo
The epidemiological situation of the Ebola virus disease dated 18 Oct 2020:
Since the start of the epidemic declared on 1 Jun 2020, the cumulative number of cases is 128, including 119 confirmed and 9 probable. In total, there were 53 deaths (44 confirmed and 9 probable) and 69 recovered (people cured or survivors of EVD).
- No newly confirmed cases were recorded for the 19th consecutive day. The last case was confirmed on 28 Sep 2020;
- The 2nd test of the last confirmed case treated
- Bayesian reconstruction of transmission trees from genetic sequences and uncertain infection times.
- Erratum: Author Correction: Rapid dose-dependent Natural Killer (NK) cell modulation and cytokine responses following human rVSV-ZEBOV Ebolavirus vaccination.
- Mental Models of Infectious Diseases and Public Understanding of COVID-19 Prevention.
- Immunological Perspective for Ebola Virus Infection and Various Treatment Measures Taken to Fight the Disease.