Ebola Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in ebola. Ebola (Ebola hemorrhagic fever), is a severe, often fatal disease in humans and nonhuman primates such as monkeys, gorillas, and chimpanzees. Ebola is a rare and deadly disease caused by infection with a virus of the family Filoviridae, genus Ebolavirus. There are five identified Ebolavirus species, four of which have caused disease in humans. Ebola is found in several African countries. The first Ebola species was discovered in 1976 near the Ebola River in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Since then, outbreaks have appeared sporadically in Africa. The largest outbreak to date was the epidemic in West Africa, which occurred from December 2013, to January 2016, with 28,646 cases and 11,323 deaths. Other outbreaks in Africa began in the Democratic Republic of the Congo in May 2017 and 2018. In July 2019, the World Health Organization declared the Congo Ebola outbreak a world health emergency.
When an infection does occur in humans, the virus can be spread to others through direct contact with the blood or body fluids of a person who is sick with Ebola, or through contact with objects that have been contaminated with the blood or body fluids of an infected person. Until recent, no vaccines were effective. In December 2016, Ebola was found to be 70–100% prevented by rVSV-ZEBOV vaccine, making it the first proven vaccine against the disease. More than 100,000 people have been vaccinated against Ebola as of 2019.
The objectives of Ebola Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for ebola and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to ebola.
- New Ebola outbreak reported in Congo, WHO says - Fox News
Fri, 05 Jun 2020 17:31 GMT
- WHO 'very concerned' by new Ebola outbreak in DR Congo - Anadolu Agency
Thu, 04 Jun 2020 14:16 GMT
- New Ebola Outbreak in Congo, Already Hit by Measles and Coronavirus - The New York Times
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 02:27 GMT
- WHO Confirms New Ebola Outbreak in Northwest DRC - VOA News
Mon, 01 Jun 2020 20:04 GMT
- New Ebola Outbreak in West Congo Kills Four, Minister Says - Bloomberg
Mon, 01 Jun 2020 15:35 GMT
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo: Disease outbreak news, 21 May 2020 - Democratic Republic of the Congo - ReliefWeb
Thu, 21 May 2020 18:07 GMT
- IOM South Sudan: Weekly Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) Preparedness Update 22 (23 to 31 May 2020) - South Sudan - ReliefWeb
Fri, 05 Jun 2020 11:00 GMT
- Ebola-targeted, untargeted violence increases disease transmission in DRC outbreak - Healio
Thu, 07 May 2020 07:00 GMT
- Ebola: Outbreak update, Vaccine recommended for approval in EU - Outbreak News Today
Sun, 31 May 2020 00:59 GMT
- West African nations brace for coronavirus spike 6 years after Ebola killed 11,000 - Business Insider - Business Insider
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 20:44 GMT
- Medics fight to contain Ebola virus outbreak in Zaire - archive, 1995 - The Guardian
Wed, 13 May 2020 07:00 GMT
- Democratic Republic of Congo: Ebola Virus Disease - External Situation Report 92 - Democratic Republic of the Congo - ReliefWeb
Wed, 13 May 2020 14:01 GMT
- Remdesivir: Ebola drug endorsed as a coronavirus treatment in Australia - The Guardian
Thu, 04 Jun 2020 22:20 GMT
- Ebola countdown starts as last patient is discharged - Outbreak News Today
Mon, 18 May 2020 07:00 GMT
- What We're Watching: DRC's Ebola outbreak, Russia's referendum, Netanyahu's annexation push - GZERO Media
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 21:40 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> COVID-19 update (237): new hotspots, WHO, global
Fri, 05 Jun 2020 11:45:14 -0400
COVID-19 -- Worldwide/Unknown
- WHO is supporting the response to a new Ebola outbreak in northwest Democratic Republic of the Congo. The new outbreak comes as the country continues to respond to the complex Ebola outbreak in the eastern part of the country, the COVID-19 pandemic, the world's largest measles outbreak, and a complex and long-standing humanitarian crisis.
- The WHO Representative in Mauritius met the President of Mauritius to discuss COVID-19. They also spoke about the overall health system in Mauritius,
- Erroneous Communication Messages on COVID-19 in Africa.
- Leveraging investments in Ebola preparedness for COVID-19 in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- DRC faces new Ebola outbreak, covid-19, and measles all at once.
- Humoral and cellular immune response induced by rVSVΔG-ZEBOV-GP vaccine among frontline workers during the 2013-2016 West Africa Ebola outbreak in Guinea.
- Serostatus cutoff levels and fold increase to define seroresponse to recombinant vesicular stomatitis virus - Zaire Ebola virus envelope glycoprotein vaccine: An evidence-based analysis.